Music, but also Movies have always been an incredible source of entertainment, inspiration, and pure magic for most of us. They, especially the good ones have the unexplainable ability to transport us to different worlds, evoke emotions that we didn’t even know existed within us, and leave us feeling inspired, happy, and even in tears.
With so many fantastic options available, choosing the perfect movie can be a daunting task. That’s why MovieCity has compiled a list of good movies that can be a helpful guide in navigating the vast world of cinema.
Whether you’re in the mood for a thought-provoking drama that will challenge your beliefs or a light-hearted comedy that will lift your spirits, there’s a movie out there for everyone. So, grab some popcorn, get cozy, and let’s embark on a journey through the wondrous world of cinema together!
- John Wick: Chapter 4 directed by Chad Stahelski, is an action-packed thriller that continues the epic story of the previous installment, John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum. Written by Shay Hatten and Michael Finch, this incredible tale features an all-star cast, including Keanu Reeves in the lead role, along with other prominent actors such as Donnie Yen, Bill Skarsgrd, Laurence Fishburne, Hiroyuki Sanada, Shamier Anderson, Lance Reddick, Rina Sawayama, Scott Adkins, Clancy Brown, and Ian McShane. This film follows the story of an assassin John Wick who uncovers a path to defeating The High Table. But before he can earn his freedom, he must face off against a new enemy with powerful alliances across the globe and forces that turn old friends into foes.
- The Last Kingdom: Seven Kings Must Die is an British historical drama movie that was helmed by director Edward Bazalgette. This remarkable adaptation was written by Martha Hillier, and it is based on Bernard Cornwell’s The Saxon Stories. Serving as both a sequel and finale to the television series The Last Kingdom, it features the return of several actors, including Alexander Dreymon, Harry Gilby, Mark Rowley, Arnas Fedaravicius, Cavan Clerkin, James Northcote, Ross Anderson, Ilona Chevakova, Rod Hallett, Ewan Horrocks, and Steffan Rhodri in their respective roles. Following the demise of King Edward, Uhtred of Bebbanburg and his friends embark on a journey across a fragmented nation to finally bring England together.
- The Super Mario Bros. Movie is an animated adventure film created using computer-generated imagery (CGI), which is inspired by the legendary video game franchise that shares its name. Directed by Aaron Horvath and Michael Jelenic, the film’s screenplay was written by Matthew Fogel. The cast features a group of highly acclaimed performers, who lent their voices to the movie’s characters. These include Chris Pratt as Mario, Anya Taylor-Joy as Princess Peach, Charlie Day as Luigi, Jack Black as King Bowser, and many more. Mario is getting ready to confront the all-mighty Bowser for capturing his brother Luigi, and he plans to use Princess Peach’s help to stop him from taking over the world.
- The movie Air, which was released in 2023, is a sports drama film based on real-life events. It was directed by Ben Affleck and written by Alex Convery. The movie depicts the story of Sonny Vaccaro, a shoe salesman, and how he spearheaded Nike’s efforts to sign the greatest basketball player of all time, Michael Jordan. The cast includes Matt Damon, Ben Affleck, Jason Bateman, Marlon Wayans, Chris Messina, Chris Tucker, and Viola Davis.
- Ride On is an action-packed drama film from China, which was written and directed by Larry Yang and features Jackie Chan, Liu Haocun, and Guo Qilin in the lead roles. The plot follows a former stuntman named Luo (played by Jackie Chan), who faces trouble when two debt collectors try to take away his stunt horse. A video of their encounter goes viral on social media, leading to further confrontations with the debt collectors seeking revenge. The movie showcases Luo’s and his horse’s acrobatic skills in a series of thrilling and comical escapades, surpassing even their most daring stunts from the past.
- How to Blow Up a Pipeline is a thrilling 2023 film that follows a group of young environmental activists as they execute a daring mission to sabotage an oil pipeline. Directed by Daniel Goldhaber and based on the book by Andreas Malm, the movie features an all-star cast including Irene Bedard, Kristine Froseth, Lukas Gage, Forrest Goodluck, Sasha Lane, Jayme Lawson, Marcus Scribner, and Jake Weary. This taut and timely thriller combines high-stakes heist elements with a radical exploration of the climate crisis.
Please sign up for our newsletter to be alerted when new content is published and also, don’t forget to leave your thoughts in the comment section.
Note : If you subscribe to our newsletter, the review sent to your email is automatically routed to the promotion mail area, but you can move it to your primary inbox by adding our email to your address book by clicking the ‘Add us to your address book‘ button at the end of our review email.